Healthy Curry that you will love
If you're like us and our clients, then you probably love curry. How can you not like a dish that comes in as many colors as a Crayola box.
Maybe you've shunned curry because you're trying to lose weight, and embraced the bland chicken breast and veggies diet - a wise choice considering how oily and calorie dense most take out curries are.
But what if you could eat a curry that was both delicious and healthy? Hmm, made exactly how you love it while staying within your budget and nutritional goals. Let's find out exactly how we can do that!
Homemade Healthy Curry Recipe
Curry isn't only easy to make, it can even be a super food when you consider how many vegetables and healthy things you can pack in there. Plus, the delicious spices and seasonings make vegetables taste amazing.
Curry Core: Vegetables
The core of your curry is going to be made out of vegetables. This allows you to eat a large satisfying and filling portion yet cut the calories in half or more.
Any vegetables will work. For our green curry recipe, we'll be using the following:
- Green beans
- Green pepper (sweet, spicy, or mix)
- Bamboo shoots (canned is fine)
We recommend getting a curry paste or powder of your favorite kind of curry. Here we're using a green curry paste.
To make the sauce, mix:
- 1-2 tablespoons curry paste or powder
- ½ cup coconut cream or heavy cream
- Cut veggies and place in saucepan. Add salt and pepper, then water up to ~2 inches.
- Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- Add cream and curry seasoning to saucepan. Whisk to blend and return vegetables to pan. Stir gently and return to simmer.
- Adjust seasonings to taste; you may need a little more or less cream depending how many veggies you use.
- Any leftover meat, such as chicken, beef, lamb, pork
- White or Brown Rice or Potato
- Fresh herbs (especially cilantro and/or basil)
We love making these healthy and delicious curries and we hope you like them too! Give this recipe a try and let us know how you like it.
Feel free to ask questions or share your favorite recipes in the comments below.