Your New Favorite Potato Salad Recipe (High Protein)
This is a super easy and filling recipe using the nutritional powerhouse of the potato. We love potatoes because they're tasty and filling, and they're also incredibly economical and full of potassium.
This recipe is so easy because it uses the microwave method first detailed in our Fries article.
Yes, a tasty and elegant fat loss recipe based on microwaved potatoes!
As with all of our recipes, pretty much everything here is adjustable to taste. We recommend organic potatoes because potatoes are one of the Dirty Dozen.
- 1 Yukon Gold potato
- For protein: Cooked chicken, turkey slices or any leftover type of meat. Also good with tuna or any fish.
- 1/4 red onion, sliced in thin quarter moons (more or less to taste)
- 1/4 bunch parsley, minced finely
- 1 tomato or a few sundried tomatoes
- 1 small cucumber
- 1/4 pepper, chopped (any colour, optional)
- Handful green beans (especially haricots verts)
- Lettuce, arugula or any salad leaves
- Olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt, pepper, paprika, cumin seed, and any other spices to your taste
- Preheat the oven broiler on HI.
- Wrap potato in a towel and microwave on potato setting!
- Prepare the green beans:
- Rinse and lay them out on a foil covered sheet.
- Broil a couple of minutes until they're dry and starting to release an aroma. (Drying the beans in the oven this way causes them to steam a bit, giving them a little par-cook before you grill them.)
- Toss the beans with 4g (1 tsp.) olive oil and season with pepper and salt. You can also add your meat to the tray, and toss with a little olive oil and spices.
- Throw it all in the oven for 2-5 minutes, checking regularly to avoid burning.
- Cut the potato in salad-suitable pieces and place in a large bowl. (You can also use the bowl you eat from to save dishes.) Add lemon juice and season to taste. Let sit while you continue to work.
- Cut up remaining veggies. Add olive oil to the salad and toss everything in with the potato.
- When the beans and chicken are ready. Remove the beans, halve them and toss with the salad.
- Serve the salad with chicken on top
To spice things up even more, serve this salad with ketchup, goat cheese, hummus, olives, or anything else you like. We like to eat this salad often, so we switch up the herbs and greens, too.